How to Have a Fresh-Smelling Home All the Time
Everyone wants their home to smell good, that’s for sure. However, leading a particularly busy life or living with pets can make it hard to maintain a fresh-smelling home on a regular basis.
We can help! Not only can we give you some great advice on disinfecting your home, preparing the house for guests, and protecting your carpets during a party, but we can also do all of that for you! With the finest cleaning service in Arlington Heights, Illinois, your home can smell and look amazing every day of the week with no effort on your part.
Read on to learn how to keep your home fresh and deodorized!
How can I make my house smell good all the time?
If you’re struggling to remove unpleasant smells from your home, you’ve come to the right place! Here are some great tips and tricks you can use to make your home always smell good:
- Empty trash cans regularly. Trash cans are one of the most common sources of bad smells in any home. Empty them every couple of days making sure to replace the liners.
- Clean out the fridge. Go through your refrigerator once a week and throw out any spoiled food. You can also put some baking soda in an open box and put it in your fridge to eliminate bad odors.
- Open the windows. If you want your home to smell good, you should open the windows for at least an hour or two to remove any bad smells and let the fresh air in.
- Light some candles. Choose some scented candles you love and place them around your home. Light them whenever you want to make the air smell sweet and fresh.
How to deodorize a room
Getting rid of bad odors can be a challenge, especially if you have pets in the house. In addition to the previously mentioned tips, you can also try the following methods for deodorizing a room:
- Clean up pet accidents immediately. Whether you have a dog or a cat, you should attend to any accident promptly to prevent the smell from lingering.
- Don’t leave food leftovers lying around. Whether it’s food leftovers or drink or food containers, make sure to clean and put them away to avoid bad smells.
- Use baking soda. A great trick for deodorizing your home is to leave a small cup of baking soda in your closet or bathroom to absorb nasty odors.
How do I disinfect the air in my house?
Need help keeping the air in your home fresh? Here’s how you can make sure that the air in your house is healthy and smells good:
- Consider removing your carpets and rugs since they tend to collect the most dust.
- Dust all surfaces in your home at least once a week.
- Vacuum regularly with an effective HEPA vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t smoke in the house.
- Ventilate your home occasionally by opening windows.
- Purchase an air purifier.
Leave your chores to the #1 cleaning service in Arlington Heights, Illinois
What if we told you that you don’t have to clean and disinfect your home all by yourself? If you’re sick and tired of spending your weekends disinfecting your bathroom instead of relaxing at Lake Arlington, let us help!
With Happy Maids, you won’t have to stress about keeping your home fresh and clean anymore. The seasoned cleaners we work with will clean every inch of it to perfection, allowing you to live your home to the fullest. Reach out to us today!
Select your home size and frequency and see your no-obligation quote immediately.