How Often Should I Hire House Cleaning Services?
One of the most common questions among first-time customers of house cleaning services is how often they should have their home professionally cleaned. Should they choose weekly, bi-weekly or monthly services?
While the question seems simple, the answer is not as straightforward as you may think. The frequency of cleaning service you choose will depend on a number of factors which we’re going to discuss in this article.
Luckily, the leading house cleaning services in Inverness, IL are happy to provide you with any cleaning-related information you might need. Keep reading to find out how to decide on the frequency of service that will suit your cleaning needs and learn the fastest ways to make your home shine.
How long should it take to clean a house?
How long will it take my professional cleaner to clean the whole house? While we can’t give you a one-size-fits-all answer, we’ve compiled a list of factors that can help you get an idea:
- The size of your home: this one probably comes as no surprise. The larger your house is, the longer it will take for your maid to clean it.
- The number of cleaners: cleaning companies usually send a team of maids for larger projects which means that they might clean your house quite quickly, regardless of its size.
- The number of residents: if you have a big family with kids and pets, your service will probably take significantly longer than for someone who lives alone.
- The state of your home: if your cleaner has to tidy up before cleaning, they’ll definitely be slowed down. That’s why it’s important to prepare your house before the maid arrives.
- Type of service: most companies require deep cleaning services for new clients before they commit to maintenance cleaning. While standard cleaning can be done in 2-3 hours, a deep clean can take up to 12 hours.
What is the fastest way to clean a dirty house?
In the hustle and bustle of modern life, it’s very easy to neglect household chores. That’s why knowing how to clean your messy home quickly is an incredibly useful skill when unexpected guests are on the way. Read on to learn the fastest method to clean a dirty house.
Collect trash and declutter
Before you start cleaning, walk around your home with a big garbage bag and throw away anything you no longer need. Similarly, pick up any clutter laying about in a box and move it out of the way. By getting rid of clutter and trash first, you’ll ensure the rest of the cleaning process goes much more smoothly.
Switch rooms as you go
With the clutter out of the way, it’s time to actually clean. To make sure you don’t get exhausted too quickly, try to rotate rooms as soon as you finish cleaning one part of the room you’re in, e.g. once you dust your bedroom, go and do the same in the living room.
Clean the floors
After you’ve done some basic cleaning in every room, go and vacuum all floors. Once that’s done, take out your mop and wipe the floors in every room working from one end to the other, moving backward to avoid stepping into the areas you’ve already mopped.
Do some focused cleaning
With all clutter out of the way and most of the basic cleaning tasks taken care of, it’s time to do some thorough cleaning. Go back to the bathroom and kitchen and give your sinks, bathtub, and fridge a good scrub.
How do I clean my house in one day?
Your landlord is coming over tomorrow but you just can’t believe the state the house is in? There’s no time for despair! With the following tips, you’ll be able to make your home shipshape in just one day:
- Make a plan: before you start, write down what you’ll clean first and decide which areas you want to pay special attention to ensure you don’t forget anything.
- Get all the supplies you’ll need: gather your green cleaning products, sponges, rags and mops in one place to avoid wasting time running around the house in search of supplies.
- Start the washer: throw any dirty clothes and bedding into the washing machine while you clean to save time.
- Let the sink and toilet soak: while you focus on other areas, pour a cleaning agent in your sink and toilet bowl and let it sit.
- Make sure you don’t get distracted: try to stay in one room until you’re done cleaning everything on your list. This way, it will be easier to stay on track from start to finish.
Hire the best house cleaning services Inverness, IL can provide
Inverness is one of the many areas we service in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. Cleaning a messy home in one day is no easy feat: it requires time and effort, two things most people would rather spend on activities they truly enjoy. If you’re pressed for time and don’t have the energy to clean, hiring a professional cleaning service might be exactly what you need.
Forget about the mess in your home and take your family for a relaxing picnic at Deer Grove and count on the expert cleaning go-getters at Happy Maids to clean your home perfection. Reach out to us today!