4 Tips for Pre-cleaning Before Your Party (and why You should)
Wondering about pre-cleaning your home before a party and how you’ll manage all the cleanup? Piles of dirty dishes, stained carpets, and littered rooms. Yikes!
Ah, but relax. We’ve prepared some great tips that will make things much easier. And once you have a plan in place, you’ll feel a lot more confident. Before we get started, we’d like to suggest that you allow us to help you prepare. We can disinfect and clean up your home before the guests come. That way, you’ll be set up for success.
As your first-class maid service in Barrington, Illinois, Happy Maids can take all of this on for you. Of course, we’ll also be glad to help after the party. But as we said, your home can remain clean even when the party’s on. Sound hard to believe? Read on!
Prepare, protect, then enjoy the party
Never underestimate the importance of party preparations. This doesn’t just include taking care of the menu and the music, but also the things you can do to make your home party-proof. Here’s a short checklist that will come in handy:
- Put away fragile and valuable items. Neither you nor your guests want expensive or easily breakable things to end up damaged or destroyed. For everyone’s peace of mind, store them safely.
- Close your private rooms. If you don’t want people entering certain rooms, make sure you let them know that as soon as they arrive at the party.
- Protect your furniture. Cover upholstered furniture with slipcovers, if you have them. Polish all of your tables beforehand or use surface protection tape to save surfaces from spillages and scratches.
- Use disposable plates and cups. Unless you’re throwing a formal party, avoid heaps of dirty dishes by using paper plates and cups. They often come in eco-friendly versions.
How do you keep your house clean at a party?
Although it seems impossible to keep the place clean while the party happens, there are several things you can do on the spot to reduce the amount of after-party cleaning. Think about the following:
- Have stain removers close by. Spills will happen for sure, so use your proven stain removers and paper towels for quick interventions. You’ll be grateful for this later.
- Use lots of trash cans or bags. Be sure you have plenty of trash cans or bags out, in plain sight. That way, the guests will know where to put empty cups, glasses, and plates.
- Don’t delay small chores. Once or twice during the party, bring dirty dishes into the kitchen and check your bathrooms for cleanliness. Pick up any dropped food before it gets crushed — you’ll save yourself a lot of trouble later.
- Let your guests work for you. Having prepared everything beforehand, gently remind your guests to stick to the rules you set up, such as using coasters or entrance mats. You might be surprised how much your guests enjoy being a part of the solution, not the problem.
- Relax. Don’t forget it’s a party and enjoy yourself with your guests. You’ve done everything you could to mitigate the potential damage, so relax and have fun.
How to protect carpet during a party?
Carpets are probably the most stain-prone items in your household, so pay special attention to them during a party. It’s a good idea to apply a ‘shoes off’ policy or simply remove your carpets.
However, if you decide to keep them, make sure you do a walkthrough during a party so you can clean up a bit and even apply a carpet stain remover if spilling accidents occur. It’s always easier to remove a stain while it’s still fresh.
The finest maid service Barrington, IL … at your service!
While we’re sure you can organize a perfect party on your own, in case you simply want to fully enjoy the party as a host and have nothing to do with cleaning, we are there for you. Happy Maids can clean your home before, after … whenever it suits you.
So if you’d rather not do it yourself, give us a call. Then after a successful party at your home, you’ll be able to refill your batteries doing something you enjoy while our cleaning pros make your home spotlessly clean again.
Don’t hesitate, contact us today!